Hello and happy Monday! I feel super excited about this week! I can’t believe I will be on day shift. Yey. DO THE HAPPY MONDAY MORNING DANCE.
With my dancing out of the way, let me share with you today’s music suggestion! It’s non other than 2NE1.
This performance was for the 2015 MAMA Awards last week. Initially I thought it was just a CL (part of 2NE1) performance but I was so happy to see all the four girls on stage!
For all of you non-Kpop listeners, I know the performance itself was a little sloppy but the real reason this one is so special is because it’s the first time in over a year that all the girls performed in a single stage. Imagine one of those cheesy Destiny Child reunions.
I’d also like to include that one of the reasons why they aren’t seen as much in the Korean music industry is because one of the girls (Bom, the one who has amazing legs and red hair) was labeled as a drug addict. Apparently, when she was living in the US, she experienced a very traumatic experience which required her to take anti depressants. That said drug is illegal in Korea but apparently it was still being sent to her when she was already living there. That’s most of the details, I really didn’t bother reading much because technically, she (or whoever sent her the drugs) is at fault but to be labeled as a drug addict because of it is too much for me. I don’t understand Korean culture at times. 😦
2NE1 will always be one of my favorite girl groups and I am really happy to see them perform again.
Do you have a song stuck in your head and want to share the whole world about it? If you do, this challenge is perfect for you!
The rules are simple:
- Create a post featuring music you want to share every Mondays
- Share your favorite music with me by giving me a pingback
- Or if you are feeling extra lazy, just comment below with your song choice…but don’t be lazy! 😛
- Share everywhere by using the hashtag #MusicMondays and by following the tag Music Mondays on your readers
- This is a week long event and I would love to see your music suggestions even if it’s not Monday!