I lied. This won’t be a review.
I wanted to watch a light series that could easily fill me with butterflies and keep my hopes up. This series didn’t give me that. This series pretty much disappointed me.
Eun Ha-won (Park So-dam) is a high school student who dreams to be a teacher, but she needs money for her education. So, One day, she meets the Chairman of the Kang Group who offers her the chance to live in his house if she accomplishes the mission of reuniting his three grandsons, under some conditions, such as she cannot date anyone among them.
At the Sky House, she meets Kang Ji-woon (Jung Il-woo), a soft hearted but lonely and wild-child rebel, Kang Hyun-min (Ahn Jae-hyun), a playboy plutocrat who does whatever he wants, Kang Seo-woo (Lee Jung-shin), a top singer-songwriter who is gentle and kind to Ha-won, and finally Lee Yoon-sung (Choi Min), the Chairman’s secretary and their bodyguard. –Wikipedia
This series was a little too predictable for me. It was also filled with typical storylines that just disappointed me. This video summarizes this series for me.
Why I stopped watching it?
- Everything is so typical and predictable. I feel like the writers didn’t even bother trying.
- I didn’t really like how the lead lady, Eun Ha Won, acted. A bit too cutesy for me. Also, the character development was blah. When the show started we were shown a strong persona but as soon as she went inside the house to live with the boys, her strong character/independence kind of disappeared.
- The love triangles/squares felt like it wasn’t properly executed? While I was watching the ten episodes I watched, it felt like the romance side of this was too fake for me. It wasn’t real enough to make me feel connected to what was happening to the characters.
- There were just a lot of things going on!!!! The possibility of Eun Ha Won not being the real child of her parents. An unknown person trying claim her as his own daughter. The chairman’s assistant is the chairman’s wife’s son. Okay, you can scream now.
- The soundtrack. I didn’t like the soundtrack and every time it was played, I felt like I already know what was going to happen.
This series just wasn’t my cup of tea. My niece likes it, though. She’s still watching it. Have you watched this series? What do you guys think?