I bought this foundation because of Beauty Manila. They were comparing two foundations and this one is the cheaper alternative. I got it, tested it, and hated it.
Personally, I am not a fan of foundations. I like my skin to breath. But you can’t deny that there are days when a little coverage is needed. I got this foundation in the shade 04 Honey. A perfect match for my skin tone, I initially thought that this was the one.
I have combination skin – my T-zone is a bit oilier than the rest of my face.
- I tested and used this product during the hot/humid weather in the Philippines. For my skin, it didn’t last the whole day especially on the oilier parts of my face (nose). You can really see that the product is not there anymore by the end of the day!
- There were times that the foundation did not blend with my skin. I really like flawless looking finishes and this one didn’t do that for me. You can see foundation build-ups here and there.
- I really wanted this foundation to work. I initially thought that it didn’t blend well with my skin because I was using the wrong applicator. I tried using a sponge, brush, and my hands but neither one of those achieved what I wanted. The closest that got the finish I wanted was when I used my hands.
- I really like the packaging. The bottle looks like it’s glass but it’s plastic. It’s really giving off that rich vibe.
- I also like the bottle top that turns into a dropper. You can control the amount of foundation you want to dispense.
- Contrary to the con I mentioned above, surprisingly for the rest of my face, it’s an A+ foundation. Coverage was great and it felt really light! It’s just unfortunate that it didn’t do well in my nose area.
Overall this product was good but it didn’t work for me. It might be because of my skin type or maybe it’s the hot Philippine weather. Whatever it might be, I really don’t like it. But even if I didn’t like it, I’m not the kind to throw a perfectly good foundation. I did try to make it work. The solution for this foundation is to apply it when you’re in an AC room to keep the foundation in place. If you don’t have an AC room, it helps if the weather is a bit cooler. It also helps if you find an applicator that works best for it. As for me, my hands work best but maybe for you, something else would be better.
Would I recommend this product? Yes, but only if you have dry skin or skin that doesn’t oil or sweat too much. Also if the weather is cooler.